Monday, July 14, 2008

Water Summer

I love summer in Minnesota. It doesn't stay hot the entire time. In one week it will be 79 degrees with a cool breeze and 91 degrees and way too humid. But the best part is all of the water. We are surrounded by lakes, and where there is a lake there is a beach. We also have a pool at our apartment, and we just found a new free water source (thank you Tatiana), a splash pad only 15 minutes away. We play in the water at least 5 days a week. Corbin loves it. Why can't summer last a longer?
We were playing in the pool one day and the sprinklers came on randomly. Brittan was of course scared, so I let her go in the house but Corbin wanted at the sprinklers. So I grabbed the camera and let him go. He just walked around laughing. This picture is what he does in the water. He gets his hand wet and then squishes the water in his hand to make a noise. Try it. It is not easy. He can do it with a few drop. I can't do it with all the water I can fit in my hand.
The heater in the pool broke, so the water wasn't quite warm enough. I pulled out their old pool and let them play. I think it's a little too small. Luckily Aunt Amanda is sending a bigger pool for their birthday!

10 comments:

Halley said...

Welcome!!! I am so glad you have a blog! WOOHOO!! Now I can see pics of my favorite kids anytime I want. :) They are so cute! I miss them a ton and cannot wait to see them this fall. Love you to death Darbie! Give Corbin and Brittan lots of hugs for me. Miss you!

Erin said...

How fun! I think it's neat how you let Corbin just go and do things. I would think that some people might be over protective and hold him back just because of their own fears. I really admire how you are raising your kids.

Erin said...

Now that I think about it, I think it's the same for any parent. You can either shelter your kids because you are afraid or let them experience life. Either way, I think you're doing a great job.

Corinne said...

What a fun water park!! Wish we still lived by each other so we could take all the kids together.

ThanBon said...

I agree...why can't summer be longer?! The summers are great here too except they aren't long enough. I'm not as close to the water as you are, but I do know where all the 7-11s are so I can get a sweet Slurpee anytime I need one...which is a lot!

ThanBon said...

P.S. I am glad to see that not all mothers let their daughters wear two piece swim suits. When I see that I just want to scream at the mom. Pretty pink one piece...that's what I'm talking about.

Ginger said...

Darbie!!! I am glad you have a blog. Your kids are so dang cute! I can't believe they are going to be four! Crazy how fast they grow. I am glad we can keep in touch this way.
Ging

Jacque said...

I love blogging! How else would I find you!! I can't even remember the last time we chatted! You need to send an email so that I can send you an invite to my blog! jrupp45@gmail.com!
You look AMAZING!! and what cute kids!
-Jacque (Evans) Rupp

The Reese's said...

looks like so much fun. i love summer and the water too.

April Greener said...

Darbie.

Glad you joined the Blogging world! Angela told me about your darling little twins and I have been wondering about you (and them :))-I can't believe they are four-I was thinking they were closer to two-geez time flies.

So good to "see" you-your babies are very cute-keep in touch!