Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Swimming Lessons

Today Brittan and Corbin started swimming lessons. I was worried it would not go well for two reasons. First, Brittan is terrified of everything. And second, Corbin loves splashing water at other people and he does not understand a lot of directions. I wondered if it was worth it when Brittan started crying because she did NOT want to get in the shower before getting in the pool. She hates falling water, i.e. sprinklers, rain, showers ... However, once we got to the pool she was fine. She was afraid at first, but since we have spent so much time in the pool at our apartment complex and at the beach, she was fine after a few minutes. Corbin did splash anyone he could in the face, but his aid (Jen-whom I love) did an awesome job of keeping him under control. He even did most of the activites the teachers had planned.





6 comments:

Tati said...

Looks like they really enjoyed it! That's such a great idea to get them more comfortable in the water.

Halley said...

I am so proud of those two! They both look so great! :)

Josh and Shar said...

My broolyn is 4 also and we started swim lessons this summer to. I had the exact same worries you did. But in the end she had a blast! I am glad the day went well for them.

Stephen and Amanda said...

Oh, that's so fun. That's kind of funny of Corbin that he splashed anyone he could in the face. Oh, kids, they make me laugh. That's great that they ended up doing so well though. That's so much fun. good luck with the swim lessons. :)

The Reese's said...

looks like fun, swimming is such a fun thing for kids because they can splash without getting in trouble (unless it's at other kids :)

April Greener said...

We just finished up swimming lessons. So fun. I love to see updates on your little ones. They are doing so well!

I just took care of a family having their third child (full term!) Their first two are darling, healthy little boy twins born at 23.1 weeks. Miracles really do happen...I'm sure you have seen it too!