Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Balance

Does anyone besides me have a serious problem trying to balance everything in their lives? I started this blog with very optimistic tendencies to update it on a regular bases. But, life happened and I have not been to mine or anyone else's blogs in a month. However, now that summer is basically over and we are not trying to take advantage of every last minute of playtime outside before winter hits, I hope to be more on the ball. I do need to do a thorough house cleaning before I get to spend time online, but hopefully that won't take too many hours (or days).

I decided at the last minute I really wanted to go home to Utah before school started. So, we started packing on a Saturday and left on Monday. It was so last minute that I didn't plan anything, but we had a blast! We spent a lot of time at the county fair watching my brothers show their steers and playing with family. It was a long drive for 6 days, but definately worth it.


Brittan and Corbin started preschool yesterday. Brittan was SO excited. She loves school. She was in the same classroom as last year, so it didn't even phase her that the teachers were different and so were the other students. Corbin wasn't so sure. There are 6 more kids in their class this year, so it feels more cramped. But, I really like the teachers so it should be fun.



Just a few pictures from this past month.




While my mom was here we went to Como Zoo. Brittan loved everything, the rides and the animals. Corbin liked the rides once they started, but did not understand why he was just sitting in a weird car all by himself. We were too far away for him to see us, so he would get scared and cry.
Besides all of the animals at the fair, Brittan loved the merry-go-round. She sweet talked my mom, dad, and sister into taking her.The day after we got back from Utah we went to the Minnesota State Fair. Brittan loves this exhibit.
I cannot beleive a week ago we were playing at the beach (Labor Day). It has been in the 60's and 70's all week.First Day of school

11 comments:

Tati said...

Love all these pictures! You guys do so many fun things with your family. The only reason I have time online is because I still have 3 nappers! I'm glad you posted!

Amanda said...

I love the hat! It looks good! Darbie you really should have got one for you!

Halley said...

WOOHOO!! A new post! :) Love the pics! Did you see that we are no longer visiting teaching companions?!!! WHAT!!!??

JT42 said...

it is so fun to hear about your adventures. i love reading up on how life just goes on for everyone...you have adorable children and YOU look GREAT!!!

Corinne said...

I'm glad you decided to take a quick trip to Utah; it's always so fun to have you guys stay and catch up!!

The Reese's said...

love the pictures! i can't believe you were in utah. next planned trip that's a little longer we'll have to get some friends together with all the kids.

Hayley said...

Thank you so much for making time to come see us while you were in Utah. Ethan stills tells everyone how his friends came from Minnesota to go to the park with him!! I enjoyed catching up too! I know the weather change will be hard on Corbin, but next to Utah Minnesota has the most beautiful falls!!! Hopefully it will stay good for awhile, enough to go outside a little :)

ThanBon said...

Uh I love the fair and I'm so jealous. Nathan and I trying to make plans to go to a fair up here. O' memories... bulls only, fair burgers...love it all!

Bingham Family said...

I'm so glad I got to see you at the fair. Your kids are darling! I still can't believe you drove that far by your self with 2 kids! I would go crazy!

~ Katie said...

Your kids are growing up so fast. I clearly remember coming down to the hosptial to see them. It's hard to imagine they are 3 now. I hope everything is going well up there. How much longer does Shaun have of school?

James said...

Man! Awesome hat, Shaun! You definately need to wear that more often! It really brings out your true personality!