Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cupcakes

One of Brittan's gifts for Christmas was a cupcake kit. It had everything you need to make cupcakes: bowls, measuring spoons and cup, cupcake tin, apron, tray, cupcake liners, recipes, oven mitt, etc. It said on the box for kids 6+, so I thought I would just let her pretend with it. WRONG! She asked and asked to make cupcakes. I finally told her after a couple of weeks we could try it.
She had a blast and I was impressed by how well she did. I originally thought we would just use a cake mix, but when I realized I didn't have one in the house, we got out the recipe book. I measured the ingredients and she poured them into the bowl and stirred them up. She put all the liners in the tray and then helped spoon the batter into the liners.
While they were cooking, I washed the dishes and she dryed them. After the cupcakes were cooked, she frosted them all by herself. I really couldn't believe how well she did. She is growing up way too fast.
When Shaun came home she was SO excited! She showed him what she had done, and told him he could have one of her cupcakes. But not until after dinner.











7 comments:

The Reese's said...

wow that's impressive! denver likes to help with the measuring and eating but he gets bored quick and he's never helped clean up :)

Jesse and Karli Munns said...

She is so cute and she did a really good job i like the frosting on her face looks like she had fun

Shaun said...

She even got some frosting on the cupcakes.

Shaun said...

And they were surprisingly yummy.

Julie said...

I love the last picture!

ThanBon said...

These are the moments to remember when things get tough. So cute. I can't wait to make cupcakes with my little girl (whenever we have one:)

Christensen Family said...

Those are so cute! I have the hardest time letting my kids help me cook. I hate having a big mess. But I need to do that with them more. She will remember that always I am sure!